Calendula Officinalis

Done with the food for now! Too much too handle with that, ya?

This is a back dated post that I have been saving for awhile since I bought this plant. It’s a beautiful plant. I’m not a good planter coz most my plants will die on me somehow and I will kept on buying to try my luck. Not giving up on that yet. My grandmother always told me when I was young. Not everyone have the hand to plant something. It’s up to our lucky hand. So far, not every plant worked for me. Maybe I’m not good in taking care of them yet. But I’m happy for those who grow healthy with my care. Those plant that die on me. Fine! I’ll look for something better that won’t die on me. Ha ha ha……..

Well, buying plants allow me to practice my photo shooting. So, leave a comments about it and let me know.

Calendula Officinalis

Wikipedia – Calendula Officinalis, known as Pot Marigold or Scotch Marigold, is a plant in the calendula genus. It was used in ancient Greek, Roman, Arabic and Indian cultures as a medicinal herb as well as a dye for fabrics, foods and cosmetics.

The leaves and petals of the Pot Marigold are edible, with the petals added to dishes as a garnish and in lieu of saffron. The leaves can be sweet but are more commonly bitter, and may be used in Salads.

Calendula Officinalis is a cultivated herb and can be grown easily in sunny location in most kinds of soils.









  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

4 Response to "Calendula Officinalis"

  1. Calvin says:
    April 24, 2009 at 5:27 PM

    i like the new blog , this is more you.

  2. JennBunny says:
    April 24, 2009 at 11:47 PM

    Thanks Hon! I think the same way too. This is more like me.

  3. aRa RaMaDhAn says:
    April 26, 2009 at 11:10 PM

    Ola Jen...Hey...nice layout...cute...Are u coming back to Malaysia???

  4. JennBunny says:
    April 27, 2009 at 12:09 PM

    Ola Ara! Thanks! Needed something new. Yes, I'm going back to Labuan for a short trip.