Chinatown Day Out

Calvin and I went to Chinatown last Saturday. I needed to get souvenirs for families and friends. First stop was pier 39 and we were there just a short stop about 30 minutes. We didn’t even walk around the area which it was too cold for me coz I’m just wearing a thin sweater which don’t keep me warm.

Then we headed to Chinatown to get Ginseng for my family. Well, every Chinese family will love this and it’s good for health. Even we have a box of it at home. Chinese is about herbs and making soups. Sometimes, I don’t understand how Ginseng can be so expensive? It just for drinking!

I’m no good in choosing it but thank God for Calvin. He knows more than me in choosing it. I learned it from his mother I believe. His mom love to gets Chinese herbs and I know I’ll learn more from his mother in the future. Right now, I’m just so glad I have Calvin to take care of it. He actually taught me how to look for a good one. Very interesting! I learned something new about Ginseng. He got 2 pound for my family. Kinda feel bad in a way coz it’s pricey. But I’m happy in the same time coz he really shows how much he care about me.


Typical Chinese Herb Store (owner was superb nice)

Choosing Ginsengs

Good Quality


Well, after you choose which one we like. We packed it ourselves coz the owner was busy. When we were done, we asked him to cut it for us since he have the machine. I’m kinda stupid in a way coz I never sees it before and I was anxious. They separate it into few batches to microwave it for about a minute to make it soften. Then put it into a machine for cutting.

After cutting and needed to dry it


Up-coming photos are retarded. We were on the way back to our parking spot and I kept on checking out stores to see what’s new since I don’t always goes there. And Calvin kept on asking me to do stupid things to entertain him. Somehow, I’m actually doing it for him. I’m so pathetic. I can’t believe he manage to gets me doing it.

He asked me to wore this hat.

Can you see the little monster?

He acting like a child when I refused to do it. So, me have to do it for him
Damn! I look ugly in it.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

4 Response to "Chinatown Day Out"

  1. vextoria says:
    April 27, 2009 at 6:15 PM

    Yay... can't wait for your coming back.....

  2. Calvin says:
    April 28, 2009 at 12:51 AM

    u picked the pink cat hat, I only picked the yellow one

  3. JennBunny says:
    April 28, 2009 at 12:54 PM

    YAY....... Less than a week and i'm home.

  4. JennBunny says:
    April 28, 2009 at 12:54 PM

    Yes you're picked the yellow one but it's broken, remember? That's why i picked up the pink one for you.