Yong Tau Foo (stuffed Tofu)

Yong Tau Foo (also spelled Yong Tao foo, Yong Tau Fu, or Yong Tau Hu) is a Chinese soup dish with Hakka origins commonly found in Singapore and Malaysia. I have no idea what it called in English.

I steamed, lightly pan fried and topped with yellow bean sauce instead of the soup dish. I’m using fish paste which I prefer this coz that how my grandma served it at home. And I want to remain the tradition in my home with my grandma influences. I decided to make this dish because I’ve been craving for this for a very long time. I’m seriously surprised when I tasted mine. It’s exactly the same taste as my grandma. I’m totally HAPPY. I love to share my experience with Calvin. It’s like going back to my sweet childhood. I just love FOOD.

Oh….. You can stuff any vegetables you like. I prefer chilies coz I love spicy food. My grandma stuffed with steamed tofu, fried tofu, bitter gourd, egg plant, okra……. It’s really depends on your liking.



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Yong Tau Foo (stuffed Tofu)"