Happy Thanksgiving!

This year Thanksgiving, Cal and I went to Ivy’s place again for the 2nd year. I’m thankful to know her as my friend. It’s not easy to be close with someone in the big city. I have a trust issue which I have hard time being close with someone. I once being betray by a friends and I learned from it. But of course, I always know who being sincere to have my friendship.

Anyways, Thanksgiving this year is a bit different. NO TURKEY! We sick of making turkey and done eating it too. Well, we have this situation last year. Calvin bought a turkey from work. It’s kinda huge. So, all of us pretty excited about the turkey and since it’s our first year celebrate together. Turkey is a best bird to get together with family and friends. But alas, once the turkey was done. We all felt full by watching it. Cook for 3 hours and eat just a little. Waste of time and energy and we forced ourselves to eat as much turkey meat as we could. The worst part of it is that, Ivy and Herman have to finish the whole turkey by themselves. Took them whole month to eat it but can’t manage to do anything about it. That’s why when I mention TURKEY. Everyone freaked out!

This year theme for thanksgiving is barbeque. Something simple and lite. Not looking forward for a heavy meal. Seem like we watch want we eat lately. Try to be healthy! I even cooked brown rice instead of white rice now. But most of the time, no rice but more veggie. Sound boring huh? Actually it’s not. I find it more interesting and I get to learn more about culinary. I made new dish most of the time. Oopppsss…. Lose track again.

Back to Thanksgiving. Calvin and I went to their place in the afternoon since we only do dinner this year. We arrived there around 2-ish. Wanna spent some time with Baby Cypress. As we got there, Calvin wanted to watch Iron Man in BLUE RAY version. Calvin is a movie freak. Anywho, we watched it while eating Malaysian fried noodle (goring mee). It was a relaxing day for us. After movie, it’s about time to prepare for dinner. As for me, I only made Mango Tuna Salsa and Marinade Korean ribs from home.

Herman is our Bobby Flay. He did most of the barbequing. While us wanting for our food to be done. Calvin and I played with little Cypress.

Calvin and Cyress played together

Cypress destroyed the castle that Calvin builds

Hungry Face

Happy that food almost done

Table Setting

Another angle of view

Wine Glass View

Candles for the romantic ambience

The dime lights
And food is ready. Let me list what we have for dinner:-
1) Mango salsa
2) Korean Ribs
3) Baked potatoes
4) Pork
5) Shrimp
6) Veggies
7) Homemade bread
Barbeque Shrimps

Barbeque Pork

Korean Ribs

And we have Wine.

We have Apple Pie for dessert. Home made from Ivy.

Before the meal


Happy Feet after stomach is happy

*********************************************************************************
What I’m thankful for this year:-

1) I’m happy that Calvin still by my side for better or worst. And I love him more every since day even we been together for 4 and a half years. (Thank you Lord, for sending me an angel).
2) I’m glad that my mom, sisters, Calvin and his family in a good health.
3) I’m happy that I have wonderful friends even thou friends come and go. But I’m counting the days of friendship I have with each and everyone.
4) I’m thankful that I have shelter, food, clothes, shoes, bags, transportation and etc.
5) I’m thankful that I can go online every day.
6) I’m thankful to wake up in the morning knowing someone loves me.
7) I’m thankful that I have 2 turtle even thou I wanted a dog. (Those turtles made my day. Watching them kissing everyday reminding me to love).
8) I’m thankful for those who dislike me. It’s made me a better person in life and taught me to love myself.
9) I’m thankful for the hurts I had. It’s shown me how strong I am in a person.
10) I’m BLESSED AND THANKFUL TO HAVE YOU LORD. YOU HAVE GUIDED ME AND SHOWED ME THINGS I DON’T UNDERSTAND. BUT WITH YOU IN MY LIFE, I’M NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING. YOU’RE ALWAYS MY FATHER AND MY FRIEND.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

3 Response to "Happy Thanksgiving!"

  1. antz says:
    December 1, 2008 at 10:03 PM

    hii,peiling here o^^ i jx start read'g ur blog yes'day..
    its quite attracted me to spend 1/2 hour during working to read whole your blog..cool man,ha..
    today i read again ur blog..happy thanksgiving..its make me to think back whole yr of 2008..wat things should i hv to thank god, my family n my frens around me..
    hey, the food oso make me feel hungry, gotta hv a tea break later..aha..will u come back on cny 2009?hope can meet u, cheers n god bless sis ^ ^

  2. Calvin says:
    December 2, 2008 at 7:13 AM

    the pictures are getting better and better... good job honey!

    yes.. we still have to shoot our new home after it's all done.

    I love you too more and more each day.

  3. JennBunny says:
    December 2, 2008 at 12:04 PM

    Hey Antz,

    Thanks for reading it. Really apperecited.

    No, i'll be back in Summer. Hopefully can meet up with you when i'm back.

    God Bless you too my sister.