Rosemary

What do you know about this herb? To me, I don’t really know well about this herb. I bought a plant of Rosemary since I always wanted to have an herb garden. I have to say, it’s really a good choice of having it especially you use it all the time in your cooking. What’s really bother me is that I hate wasting it when I used to get them at the store which you have to buy a pack instead of the amount you needed it. Maybe you don’t really bother about it but think about this, you can save couple buck every times you need it if you grow your own plant.

Rosemary is my first choice because I mostly needs for my cooking. Rosemary has a needlelike leaves and have a bold flavor described as piney and perfumy. It’s especially enjoyed in lamb, pork, and fish dishes. You can substitutes it with thyme, tarragon, or savory.




Wikipedia ~ Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)is a woody, perennial herb with fragrant evergreen needle-like leaves. It is native to the Mediterranean region. It is a member of the mint family Lamiaceae, which also includes many other herbs.

The name rosemary has nothing to do with the rose or the name Mary, but derives from the Latin name rosmarinus, which is from “dew” (ros) and “sea” (marinus), or “dew of the sea” – apparently because it is frequently found growing near the sea.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Rosemary"